광고

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

MLB Reports “Junior Reporter” Haley Smilow Interviews David Price!

In 2012,  the 28 Year Old, was 20 - 5, with a 2.56 ERA.  Price led the AL in Wins, Win% and ERA.  2013 wasn't as kind to the LHP.  He still managed a 3.34 ERA based off a 10 - 8 year.  Price was awarded a 1 YR/$14 MIL deal.  While the team may have wanted to trade him, they will do so at a point of higher value than what has been offered.  Price will become a Free Agent regardless following the 2015 campaign.

In 2012, the 28 Year Old, was 20 – 5, with a 2.56 ERA. Price led the AL in Wins, Win% and ERA. 2013 wasn’t as kind to the LHP. He still managed a 3.34 ERA based off a 10 – 8 year. Price was awarded a 1 YR/$14 MIL deal. While the team may have wanted to trade him, they will do so at a point of higher value than what has been offered. Price will become a Free Agent regardless following the 2015 campaign.  He is the best pitcher on the Rays, and is a #1 ace in the league.  Price has a career record of 74 – 41 (.643) with an incredible 3.26 ERA pitching for a club that resides in the AL East.


Chuck Booth (Lead Baseball Writer/Website Owner):


Follow MLB Reports On Twitter


Haley Smilow is a lucky baseball fan.  She was able to interview 2012 Cy Young Award Winner David Price  at Tropicana Field recently


Not only was he a bonafide #1 pitcher in the league, he is a great guy.


Haley was able to take David’s mind off of the usual questions he is asked, and it turned out to be a great interview.


david price


HS: Do you have a favorite ballpark other then Tropicana and why? And is there a ballpark where you feel you always play well in?


DP: I like Target Field. We usually stay close to the stadium, so we can walk there. They have great food and I like the self serve ice cream machine. I feel like I play well at Fenway. It is a good park for lefty pitching especially when facing a heavily stacked right handed team.


HS: Do you have any nicknames that teammates call you?


DP: the Latin guys call me “Precio” spanish for Price, and Homeright.


HS: Do you have any superstitions or rituals?


DP: I would say more like routines. I always wear the same green Tampa Bay shirt and cap to the stadium. When we are on the road, I take guys out to eat and pay for lunch and cabs. I feel like it’s good karma and that will come back to me.


HS: Better Inning? 3 Pitches – 3 Outs or 9 Pitches – 3 Strike Outs?


DP: Good question!! I used to be really focused on getting the strike outs, but now I think 3 pitches/3 outs. First pitch outs are the way to keep the pitch count down and to go deep in games.


HS; Is there a batter you really don’t like to face?


DP; Yes, Danny Valencia. Lifetime he is 9 for 12 against me. No matter what team he’s been on, he always hits me hard. The last time we played the Orioles he went 2 for 3 with an RBI double, a single and a walk against me.


HS: How did you prepare yourself for games and facing hitters?


DP: I prepare by trying to execute my pitches. I like to stick to my style of pitching and my strengths instead of trying to pitch to batter’s weaknesses.


HS: First draft pick in 2007, starting pitcher for the 2010 All – Star game, winning the 2012 Cy Young and of course the cover of MLB 2K 13 what are some of your other accomplishments you are proud of?


DP: I would have to say winning left handed pitcher of the year award in 2010 and Player’s Choice in 2012. Player’s Choice in my opinion is more important than Cy Young because it is voted on by your peers. It means a lot that my teammates and opponents think that highly of me and my pitching.


HS: Where does your love of baseball come from?


DP: My parents. We always watched baseball together as a family. I would come home from school, play baseball, eat dinner and then watch a game on tv. It has been a part of my life always.


HS: If you could go back in time who would you want to play baseball with?


DP: I would have to say Jackie Robinson and Roberto Clemente. I would also love to play with Dwight Gooden he was an incredible pitcher. I think it would be fun to compete against them.n If I could change one thing about baseball it would be? After a batter has two strikes, a foul should be strike three. It would keep the game moving faster.


HS: If you weren’t playing baseball what could you see yourself doing?


DP: I would be a teacher and coach. I love kids.


HS:Favorite baseball movie?


DP: Sandlot. I have seen it so many times that if I just hear one line, I know its Sandlot.


HS: 5 songs in your Ipod that are on repeat?


DP: Oh man, I just got asked that question the other day and it took me like 20 minutes to come up with three!! I would have to say Young Jeezy “Hustler’s Ambition” and “Go Hard”, Lindsey Stirling and Coldplay.


HS: What is your favorite thing to cook?


DP: Spaghetti, it’s hard to mess up. I don’t make my own sauce I just get the Prego.


HS: Have you ever been Pranked?


DP: Yes, Sean Rodriguez pranked James Shields and me on MLB Fan Cave. Sean Rodriguez planned it and we had to do a couple “fake” promos. For one segment I was supposed to scream in a high pitched voice and jump in Sean’s arms like a girl because of a shark. They got me to do it like five times before they told me. That was a good one.


HS:One-thing fans don’t know about you?


DP: I do not run my dog Astro’s twitter account.


HS: What do you do for fun other then baseball?


DP: Normal everyday things. I play with my dog, hang out with my girlfriend Tiffany, and video games. I like to do many things that kids like to do. I don’t like to take extreme chances like skydiving or bungee jumping, just like to be as normal as possible.


HS: What wouldn’t you leave your home without?


DP: My cell phone. It’s how I keep in touch with friends and family. I also run my twitter account through it.


HS: Do you have any other favorite sports besides Baseball?


DP: I love basketball and golf. I would like to play professional golf because you get to go to beautiful locals and the weather is always nice. Not like pitching in 45 degrees in the rain.


HS: What are some of your biggest challenges and how did you over come them?


DP: Just staying focused and staying positive when you are struggling in a game. I try to execute my pitches and keep my mentality positive.


HS: What advice would you give to young players?


DP: Have fun it’s a game.


 A big thank-you goes out to Our ‘Junior Reporter’ Haley Smilow for asking great questions into this interview and representing the MLB Reports.


Haley Smilow and David Price-1


*** The views and opinions expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of mlbreports.com or their partners.***


Haley Smilow Social Networking Links:


http://www.twitter.com/smilow 


https://www.facebook.com/baseballyouthmagazine

http://www.baseballyouth.com/


http://www.wix.com/smilow/home-field-advantage

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Home-Field-Advantage/108037172615547


Haley Smilow Interview Archives:


MLBR ‘Junior Reporter’ Haley Smilow Interviews Andrew McCutchen


MLBR ‘Junior Reporter’ Haley Smilow Interviews Cody Ross In Spring Training


MLB Reports Junior Reporter Haley Smilow Interviews ‘Blue Jays Closer’ Casey Janssen


MLB Reports Junior Reporter Haley Smilow Interviews Joel Hanrahan


The Grandy Man Interview:  Curtis Granderson Talks Pizza, Wrestling and Choosing Your Friends


Eric Young Jr. Interview:  The Latest Haley Smilow Feature!


A.J. Pierzynski Interview:  White Sox Catcher Discusses His Love for Wrestling and Hatred for Cold Weather


Haley Smilow Interviews Kyle Wilson: Laredo Pitcher and Member of Team Great Britain in the WBC Qualifiers


Barry Enright Interview:  Haley Smilow Talks Baseball with the Arizona Diamondbacks Pitcher


Meet Haley Smilow’s Assistant:  Ethan Smilow’s Premiere Wrigley Interviews


Please e-mail us at: mlbreports@gmail.com with any questions and feedback. You can follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. To subscribe to our website and have the daily Reports sent directly to your inbox, click here and follow the link at the top of our homepage.


MLB reports logo


Like us on Facebook here



Tagged: 2010 all star game, 2012 AL Cy young winner, AL East, danny valencia, david price, Dwight Gooden, haley smilow, jackie robinson, james shields, marc smilow, MLB FANCAVE, roberto clemente, sean rodriguez, tampa bay rays, tropicana field, www.wix.com/smilow/home-field-advantage

No comments:

Post a Comment